Derek: I was a jerk. Sometimes boyfriends can be jerks, but it doesn't mean you stop talking to them... You get that I'm saying I'm sorry, right?
Meredith: You yelled at me for no reason, and then you walked away. And now you show up here.
Derek: Of course I showed up. Why wouldn't I? You don't trust me?
Meredith: I do.
Derek: Ok, well this is how it works. You fight sometimes and somebody apologizes.
Meredith: Well, how am I supposed to know that?
Derek: You've never done this before.
Meredith: No, I've never done this before.
Derek: From now on, you can expect that I'm gonna show up. Even if I yell. Even if you yell. I'm always gonna show up. Ok?
Meredith: Ok.
my point is, baby, this reminded me so much of the day you sat me down and said we'll fight. it's unhealthy not to. but that doesn't mean you don't love me. and at this precise moment in time, i'd rather be yelling in your face or have you yell in mine, than lie here in bed alone feeling miserable because you're so damn fucking far. i miss you so much, and i don't always say it, you might think i don't show it, but i do. i do miss you.
i hate when big waves come slapping me in the face like that. it intensifies the misery i already carry on my face.